Arlberg Ski Resort
A Legendary Ski Resort: The Arlberg
Late in summer, when we can smell the first snow, it is time to do our first snow-voodoo-dance.
Our crystal clear rivers, mountain lakes and colourful mountain hillsides turn into the legendary Arlberg Ski Resort.
Into over 350 kilometre of perfectly groomed slopes and 88 chair lifts will take you up to dizzy heights.
Hotel Lech + Residence Chesa Rosa is located at the heart of the Arlberg Ski Resort.
Come by - we are looking forward to welcome you!
The Arlberg Is Not A Mountain
In German "Berg" means mountain. Therefore a common misconception is that the "Arlberg" is a mountain it's not, it is the name of the area. It stands for high quality skiing with 8 interconnected ski resorts. What the Arlberg can offer you. The question should be what the Arlberg can't offer you - even heliskiing in Lech am Arlberg!
Hotel Lech + Residence Chesa Rosa
In Lech Am Arlberg
After our freshly brewed coffee and our breakfast buffet has strengthened you, you are ready for the Arlberg Ski Resort. The ski pass we already organized for you, your ski boots are prewarmed in the boots room and your skis are impatiently waiting in their warm ski room. Within a few minutes walks you are in town centre where the chair lifts leave from. There are only short ways, short waiting times - it simply enjoyable. While you are out in the snow, we are busy baking fresh home-made cakes and pies, and chopping wood for the open fire place.
A Story Of Vision + Tradition
The Arlberg is ever evolving. Its history over the past hundreds of years has been one of visionaries. You might ask yourself how skiing actually got to a remote, poor mountain village. It is the story of a priest from a neighbouring village. Walking through the deep, deep snow was impossible, but he needed to get to Lech. He read about two wooden pieces of wood that you strap to your feed to make traveling on snow how lot easier and safer. Somewhere way up North in Sweden... There was the priest skiing across from village to the other.
Only a few years later in the 1920's when skiing was slowly but surely becoming an industry a new man with a vision was in the spotlight: Hannes Schneider. Inventor of the world wide renowned "Arlberg Ski Style" and founder of the "Arlberg Skiclub".
In 1937 the very first chair lift of Austria was built in tiny little Zürs. The rest of the story is - as we like to say in German "Geschichte", loosely translated "the rest is history", which means a good and well known story.
Even though the Arlberg is synonymous with vision, tradition is just as important.
- The new Flexengondla is going to connect Lech-Zürs with St.Anton am Arlberg. Therefore it is the biggest ski resort of Austria!
- The Ski Resort Lech-Zürs alone counts about 280km perfectly groomed slopes. In total the Arlberg Ski Resorts offers you 97 ski lift and about 350km slopes. Hotel Lech + Residence Chesa Rosa in Lech am Arlberg is your perfect base camp!
- A run called "Langer Zug" is one of the most extreme ski routes in the world. It is about 4,7km long with up to 80% decline. If the weather allows it, it gets groomed on a daily basis.
- "Der Weisse Ring" - "The White Ring" is the longest ski race in the world where anyone is allowed to compete. In total you are going to ski 22km and 5.500 vertical meters!
- Quality over quantity.
- There are a lot of events throughout the year! Have a look!
Vision + tradition combined with high quality. That is what the Arlberg stands for. This is the winter holiday that you deserve in Hotel Lech + Residence Chesa Rosa in Lech am Arlberg.
Vision, tradition and quality this is what the Arlberg stands for. We compliment it with cosy, snug, family owned hotel in Lech. Please, do not hesitate to send us your non-binding request or you may book online. We, Hotel Lech + Residence Chesa Rosa and the Arlberg, are looking forward to welcome you!